I wrote about the training I attended and loved last fall in an earlier The League Pulse. The Training committee works so hard to put together amazing opportunities for League members, and I wanted to share a few more highlights with you about upcoming trainings. I think they will be as awesome as the one that I loved last fall! There are still spots in many of these trainings, so act fast to save your spot!
- There are a couple of good food and drink options highlighting what Kansas City does best! This Thursday, February 4, there is a training on Cookies & Beer and how to pair the two for deliciousness.
- Later this month on February 29 there is a wine tasting event at Cellar Rat down in the Crossroads. This would make a great social event for small groups, and everyone can appreciate Cellar Rat’s “Wine Essentials Course”.
- And I’ve been looking for a reason to try Republica, the newest Bread & Butter Concepts restaurant on the Plaza. On March 29th, grab a friend and join other League members for a night with tapas and a culture discussion about life in Spain with a previous board member.
- If you are like me and about to be a new mom, you probably have a million questions. The Childcare Hot Topics discussion with KC Kids Doc, Dr. Natasha Burgert, is on my radar for April 26. Her shout out to Justin Timberlake was recently featured in In Touch Weekly. She will cover a variety of hot topics at Headquarters and is sure to answer so many questions during her presentation as well.
Kelli Eason is in charge of training, and she also was quick to point out that many of the training opportunities are lead by Junior League members! Look at this awesome list of trainings that are lead by our own awesome membership – I know these will also be some of the best this spring!
- Transitioning to Sustainerhood (Ericka Duker)
- You’re Hired! Resume Writing Interviewing Workshop (Vanessa Herring)
- Turning Your Passion into a Blog or Business (Abagail Pumphrey)
- Make Your Closet Work (Caitlin Fore)